View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 07:29 AM   #650
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
This post isn't directed at anyone in particular but rather a response to some of the sentiment expressed throughout the day yesterday and before. Maybe I'm missing something here...it wouldn't be the first time... but I'm a bit perplexed by some of the outrage expressed at El's posts. I mean the reaction and outrage directed to his comments reminds me of how a bunch of school girls might shreik when they heard a naughty word on the playground. No one on this forum is an innocent school girl. I realize some of the points made by El are difficult to hear (and would be difficult to sugar coat) but in my opinion many of them need to be made and I am glad they were made. All of us here can and should feel free to debate them. It's a forum. There's controversy inherent in the SL debate. All this talk about how the forum would be more "civilized" if he were gone and that Don should do this or that strikes me as very odd. If you don't like anything someone says on the forum...debate it. Let's leave the histrionics to the kids on the playground. JMHO. Seriously this isn't meant to offend anyone in particular and I'd be the first to admit I'm capable of staging my own histrionics.
Absolutely no offense taken. However, his continually calling me a she when he knows I am a he is indefensible. That is what set me off. It's one thing to debate and call each other out but he is acting like a child. I was merely pointing out a fact that no one member causes so much disharmony that elchase. It's the truth.