View Single Post
Old 06-27-2021, 08:53 AM   #26
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank151 View Post
So you're there at the Weirs checking ID's and verifying all/most beach go'ers are from Massachusetts to make that statement? WOW, you're pretty good!

I'm from Massachusetts and know several Laconia Police officers and they have informed me that most folks on the beach are locals and Manchester NH area.

Most lakefront property on Winnipesaukee are owned by MASS and NY residents.
Ya Im super good at it, its called reading license plates, no need to even check, you almost cant avoid seeing them. Even better yet, most of them have brackets/surrounds around the license plate that list the car dealers name and a quick scan shows a whole lot of cars from Lawrence area. Not that it really matters, but facts are stubborn things.

So happy you are an actual authority on the matter and your friends in Laconia are actually IDing NH residents as also being part of the group using the beach, but as any reasonable person, when Im there I try to say hello to others and occasionally have a conversation with people visiting the lake and from my experience there is a disproportionate number of Massachusetts visitors at Winnipesaukee who are from north of Boston.

Hope thats all not a problem for you.

Its only a problem for me when I see them acting badly, then it doesn't really matter to me where they come from, its just a point of information to note. In the end bad behavior is annoying regardless of where you come from and not more tolerated by actual life long Winnipesaukee residents. Ive seen many crusty locals who have been that way their whole life, so they cant blame it on the changes. And I have seen some locals who have tolerated the changes very well when I know if I were them I would be not pleased by some of the challenges.

Ultimately I guess I should be happy that if there are problems with bad behavior that it comes from locals and people from Manchester and not my fellow MA residents, after all we all know the term MASSHOLE never really applys to us or any of our neighbors, right ;-)
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: