View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 02:46 AM   #45
mofn

1) As to XCR-700 and a $200 diagnostic charge, it's worse than that! I Was told Thursday during yearly tuneup from the owner he asked to know the hours on the motor, that was a $100 charge on the bill!
I should not have any of these issues with my Vessel View, issues/faults come right up on the screen. My only complaint is the Mercury instructions SUCK, you needed Youtube to figure out how to max out options.
2) New 2-strokes you can get them...Australia, New Zealand and few other island nations in the region. Before you order and ship one, I mail an item world wide just under 4 lbs. w/ U.S.P.S. it's over $50.
3) Weights being noted...from Google:
My 85 hp Force 255 lbs. max only once (on a.m. glass) in Alton Bay @21 mph.
After the 3rd toon was added dropped to 14ish mph.
My 175 hp 460 lbs. max 26 mph, before it died was 19 mph one cylinder not firing part was on order.
My 150 4-stroke 455 lbs. Doing 29 to 30.5 mph at W.O.T. @4350? RPM off the Vessel View. RPM range off Google says 5000-5800 not sure on mine but well under any number.
Weds Shep's to start of Alton Bay 11-12 mph, ripped it down the bay to the docks. Docks to West Alton Marina (22ish mph) 5.85 gallons. This means less gas/weight now in 2nd tank than years before...additional weight savings. Going to lower that tank to 3 gallons this week as the backup.
As I stated prior, I was dead set against a 4-stroke before last years rental. The instant start up Thursday and getting out of where I was in that wind is a further reason I'm glad for the move.
mofn is offline   Reply With Quote