View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 04:26 PM   #38
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeLakes View Post
One point I meant to add about modern 4-strokes .... and to be honest I don't know if this feature is available on 2-strokes, but I doubt it - a friend of mine with a Merc 150 4-stroke uses the trolling feature that lets him idle down to something like 350 rpm. The modern engine management systems are amazing.
At this point it is likely that this can be achieve with a two stroke as well. The problem is companies don't want to keep adding new features to a market that is no longer their bread and butter....

4 Strokes are taking over the outboard Market, and that is something us 2 stoke fans have to live with. Companies aren't investing in research and development for 2 Strokes, it doesn't make sense. The Pontoon / Tri-toon market as well as the need for I/O motors to be CARB compliant, and have catalytic converters, has redirected R&D money into bigger stronger quieter outboards..... to drive the boating market forward........