View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 12:46 PM   #7
LikeLakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
Hummm,,,,

Not so fast,,,

All is still not equal and 2 stroke still has its own merits.

No question the 4 strokes have their own solid market, and when its a good fit its a good fit, but that is not universal.

Just like diesel was going to replace gasoline in passenger cars and now electric is the future,,, Well dont bet you last dollar on it.

2 strokes are not dead yet and neither are gasoline cars. And not just for nostalgic reasons, in both cases there a list of factors that will keep both going for a while.

As it is with too many things, the hype overtakes the reality and marketing convinces people to buy, but that does not mean what they want to sell you is whats actually best for everyone and in every situation.

I remember when mom got talked into buying a new Ford Pinto that the salesman said everyone would soon be buying one or maybe a Vega or a Plymouth Cricket because we were running out of gas and there would not be a drop of oil on earth by the year 2000! But the Pinto was the best car he said so she should buy it, AND she did! It was a total death trap pace of junk. Fast forward to today and two of the most popular vehicles are full size pickups and big SUV's and we have enough oil for an indefinite period of time.

The only real truth is the consumer that does his homework and buys what right for their situation is probably going to be the most satisfied customer. But any broad statements like 4 strokes are superior in every way are just hype, NOT fact.

But then its your money, so you can buy the hype and put on your best smile, or you can do the research and buy whats best for your application and really be happy.

No doubt others will have differing opinions.
So I'm reading what you are saying, and respect your opinion, but you didn't mention any merits of 2 strokes over 4 strokes? I get it that some will keep a 2 stroke because it's running well and works well, but as the above poster said then he'll replace it with a 4 stroke. What would be the reason for buying a 2 stroke in 2021?
LikeLakes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LikeLakes For This Useful Post: