Thread: Fans of the VK
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 05:51 PM   #32
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummyman View Post
OMG....just read on their web site that the Village Kitchen will STOP serving dinner this season and will only be open for breakfast and lunch--7am-2pm Tues. thru Saturday and 7-12 on Sunday with hopes to re-open for dinner in the fall. This is indeed very disturbing news. Apparently some staff is being relocated to the Red Hill Dari for the summer. SAMIAM.....what is going on???? HELP....we need the VK for dinner !!!
Actually, if you go to the General Discussion Threads, and click on "Staffing Issues for Summer of 2021" you can read Post #6 that the Village Kitchen was debating on cutting hours due to staffing issues (posted by Samiam himself).

I really enjoy the Village Kitchen but do understand that if he doesn't cut his hours he will no longer have the staffing to provide value quality meals (and I think all of us want to see him stay in business and thrive).

It's a sad state of affairs when something like this happens, but the same staffing issues are affecting other restaurants over much of the Country (for various reasons such as too much unemployment assistance by the Government).

I predict in 2022 we will be complaining about inflation and how the prices of meals (as well as everything else) have become too expensive.
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote