View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 09:25 AM   #24
bigdog

Default Update !

Circling back with Forum on latest update about my pellet stove issue....

I've tested the vacuum switch by disconnecting the vacuum switch and bypassed with a jumper switch, started the stove, and stove tarted OK, dropped pellets, but then after less than 10 min. pellets stopped dropping and stove went into it's normal shutdown mode.

Just to backup a bit, I installed a new 'Thermocouple and Cover' previous to all of this. Snap Disc# 2 did not trip, and everything else looks good?w b

It's now been over 2 weeks since since the stove was running, and being so frustrated trying to self-diagnose I called my local Quadrafire dealer to send a service tech.
Service tech checked stove, and said it was very clean, checked all snap discs, checked pressure switch, checked 'new' Thermocouple and cover, all good !

After about 30 min trouble-shooting he said that he was 100% positive the issue was related to the Control Board. He said I would be better to order the Control Board myself, because if he had to do would cost twice as much ! On that advice I ordered the new Control Board, and installed per instructions.
The Control Board did not fix the issue, and the pellets stop dropping after initial start-up cycle !

The next day the bill came from the Dealer

Now I have a $100+ Service call bill, a brand new Control Board, and still have a stove that doesn't run as it should. Will be making a call today to the Dealer about the service call and Bill, which I have no intentions of paying, since they told me that the issues was 100% related to the Control Board, which isn't the problem.

I'm totally at a loss at this point and reaching out to all for any suggestions.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote