View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 10:52 AM   #43
Descant

Thanked 1,521 Times in 985 Posts
Default Random Act of Kindness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDoug View Post
There's a lady on the point near Y Landing who has been yelling at my boat for over 15 years, saying I pass too close to her dock when I am entering the cove from Bear. Also complains that my headway speed is too fast. When I pointed out that she doesn't own the lake, she replied, "Oh, yes I do."
When I mentioned her to other boaters and the workers at the gas dock, they all recognized her. "She yells at everybody," said one worker.
Pick some blueberries on Bear and bring them to her. Explain that it's always nice to be greeted by her, but you've never been able to understand what she's saying, perhaps because you don't always have your glasses on.

Choice #2: When she yells, take the boat out of gear, smile, wave and yell back "Thank you. Thank you. My dog has one blue eye." Put it in gear and off you go, everybody confused and happy.

OH, BTW, if she's a resident, she does own the lake. So do I, along with 1.3 million close friends. And, we also own a chain of liquor stores. What a great place.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post: