View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #11
bilproject

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-engine View Post
The NH legislatures don't "get it". However, once a sales tax always a sales tax; then cities & towns add tax on to. Like Vail, CO has a sales tax on top of the state sales tax!

I am not in State offices in Concord in any fashion. I don't think those "lawmakers" read forums like this. NH does tax all sorts of items, like un-earned income, interest & dividends. Fees for all sorts of things get increased as a "band-aide" approach to the budget. Like not long ago, they planned as toll both on i-93 in Salem - a nice dis-incentive to cross the border!!! We could go on and on & on.

Cities and towns only add takes if the legislature lets them. You don't need to tell me about taxes and fees. I own a small business and live in New Jersey! We are the leading tax state in the nation! My property in NH is assessed at about the same $ value as my home in NJ. Taxes in NH just under $4000.00/year. Taxes in NJ Just under $12,000.00/year in addition a 7% sales tax on almost everything and a 8% income tax on earned and unearned income. Buy a new car for say $25,000.00 and your registration will be about $250.00/yr and the state makes you pay for 3 years up front. I could go on and on. Our accountant for the business calculated that when all the fees, taxes and required insurance are paid, it takes 75 cents of each $ or profit to pay them.
Fortunately we now have a governor who is not afraid to take on the legislators and tell them no to spending. He is also butting heads with the public workers unions.