View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 02:36 PM   #31
tis

Thanked 1,379 Times in 955 Posts

I can't imagine living life not on the lake. It's true, we pay a lot in taxes for the privilege but I hope they never go so high that we won't feel it is worth it. You do see people do things on the water that frustrate you. They have all been discussed on this forum. But you see all those things if you are in an association too. And the rules and regulations are tougher living on the lake but you get those plus more -usually- in an association. The difference is you would have to bear the responsibilities of things such a permits and repairs by yourself that an association might do for you. But for us, one of the things we didn't want when we first bought our own piece of heaven on the lake, was to be in an association and I am very glad we aren't. I guess as somebody said, it is easier to be with more people in an assn. but you still have neighbors.

And as far as taxes, I don't think most people have any clue what is really needed in a town and what is not. They just trust the people that run the town to do what is best. Unfortunately. I would love to see more people become informed. Most people have no idea.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote