View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 11:26 AM   #15
MeredithMan

Default Not a fan of the rescue organizations...

After we got over the loss of our last Golden, we decided we were ready for a new one. We didn't want the hassle of a puppy...we wanted a young adult, so we thought the Golden rescue organizations would be a good option. We found them to be very much, "our way or the highway", regarding the care and upbringing of the dog. I understand their logic--they want the dogs to be in a good environment--but we found them to be absolutely unflexible. We also found that one of the rescue groups only had dogs that had some sort of issue, be it mental or physical.

I then decided to ping Golden breeders directly for young adults. Simply did a Google search of breeders in each new England state. Sent them an email introducing myself and asking if they had any young adults even if their website said otherwise. I found them all to be very responsive and we found not just one, but TWO young adults who are now part of the family.

You may want to consider this type of strategy in your Pug / French Bulldog search.

Good luck!
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MeredithMan For This Useful Post: