View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 04:42 AM   #78
jeffk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
"A bit high"? I think it's about right and other years were too low. I hope that means we can boat well into October. Too many years recently the lake has been too low after Labor Day and people were forced to pull their boats early, close camps, etc. A couple of years ago my marina had to do extra dredging because too many boats were hitting bottom in the middle of the channel. This was hard bottom, not just accumulate silt.
Go to Bizer. The level now is "a bit high" compared the other 5 years on the graph. I did not evaluate the "goodness" of that FACT. I gave a recognition to the FACT that drought has been a problem in the Fall and the OPINION that SOME extra water might be good to have for a while.

I would point out that the lake doesn't need to be at "full pool" to avoid the low water problems you describe. The outflow drop to 650 seems to signal that the dam operators are trying to allow for the possible problems of low water. I would also point out that unpredictable weather events can quickly throw A LOT of water into the lake as happened in late 2017 and 2018. The dam operators have to be ready for that as well.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote