View Single Post
Old 05-22-2021, 09:09 AM   #26
NH.Solar

Many of my solar customers will follow up our work with the addition of air sourced heat pumps and as Flying Scot has pointed out it is a perfect combination. Most of my clients had their systems professionally installed but a few decided to DYI and their results were mixed. One did get his system working after quite a bit of fussing, and the other had to call in a professional to get his working. Installing the fixtures and running the linesets between the pump and handlers can be a bit of a challenge but is usually do-able if you have the time, handyman abilities, and patience. Getting them totally pressure tight and being able to draw the necessary vacuum however can be a real challenge that requires the kind of knowledge and specialized tools that only specialized installers have. My recommendation based on what I have seen would be to have always a professional like Austin Maher in Moultonboro install your mini-split.
There are now however totally self contained and sealed heat pump units that look very much like a rollaround air conditioner and they work very well. I'm sure that the SEER rating isn't anywhere near as impressive as a top of the line full on mini-split but all you need to do is take them out of the shipping box and plug them in ...Done!
The Following User Says Thank You to NH.Solar For This Useful Post: