Thread: Village Kitchen
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 10:02 AM   #1
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts
Default Village Kitchen

Haven't weighed in for a while so I thought I'd get my .02 cents in.
Haven't seen anything like this since I started in the restaurant business (1972 Longwood Farms...now Canoe) but I feel like one of the lucky ones. Things could be worse.
We have no mortgage and save diligently through the lucrative summer months so we can get through the winter months without laying anyone off.
We will get through this no matter how long it takes.
We have a wonderful crew and while we are only able to keep 4 key people on during the crisis, we had to lay off the rest. That is heartbreaking. Even part timers have rent, car payments, food to buy and kids to care for. We were able to give a weeks severance to servers to carry them over until the unemployment checks come in but that only helps a little.
The other good news is that NH dept of Labor is really doing a great job responding so far. They have replied to inquiries and checks are starting to come in.
Also the stimulus bill that just passed includes increased benefits for extended periods.
We are serving limited menu for take out from 4-7 during tues through sat and it is going well. Certainly not paying the bills but giving us something to do. We're going to try breakfast on Sunday and if it goes well we'll do Saturdays as well.
Our hearts go out to everyone affected by this crisis and have so much respect for the brave people who are working in health care and even the stores and gas stations.
If we are all practicing enhanced sanitation, we can get through this.
Looking forward to getting open again.
Be safe everyone
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 48 Users Say Thank You to SAMIAM For This Useful Post: