Thread: Wow trail
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 09:16 AM   #271
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post

New Hampshire has a state law that says motorists must keep 3-feet distance, at 30-mph, 4-feet at 40-mph, 5-feet at 50-mph, and 6-feet at 60-mph, when passing a person on a bicycle. So legally, a motor vehicle is supposed to cross the center line on Weirs Blvd when passing a bicyclist in order to stay the legal distance away from the bicycle. If not possible due to oncoming traffic, the motorist is supposed to slow down and/or wait before proceeding past the bicycler.

Does that happen? What do you think?
No it doesn't and I break that law quite often because these people on bicycles seem to think they own the road. Well I have no problem reminding them that roads are bought and paid for by MOTOR VEHICLE registrations. If cyclists are so hell bent on having their own dedicated lanes, fine register them all I say. I think a nice $200 flat registration fee is a good start, and make it self funding. Hell why not put a few toll booths in, think of the money the state could make putting EZPASS in these bike lanes and WOW trail if it ever comes to be. Afterall pedestrians and cyclist MUST pay their "fair share" too.

In fact bicycles should be outlawed on Class 2 and 3 roads.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: