View Single Post
Old 04-13-2020, 10:38 PM   #28
Senter Cove Guy

Default Early Lake Memory - True Story

I spent the summer time in Lanes End Camp from 1951 - 1965. There were a number of us that were there all summer and there were lots of other kids our age who would come and spend a week or two of vacation with their parents.

Before the Lanes End Marina was built, that end of the pine grove ended in a rocky point looking south over Melvin Bay. It was common for couples/groups to spend some quiet time out there. One late night, a good friend and I decided to climb out onto the rocks and sit and talk. On the way out there, one of us slipped and cut a finger making it bleed. After sitting there and talking for awhile, I asked her if she wanted to become blood brother and blood sister. She said yes. Whoever was the person not already bleeding used a sharp object to pierce their finger and we joined our bloody fingers in blood brotherhood/sisterhood. True story.

Her older brother and I are also friends. He was actually one of the 2 people I knew who had scuba dived in the early 1960's to look for the sunken car that I found several hundred yards off the rocky point in 2004. I called him shortly after finding the car and invited him to dive the car with me in October 2004 which we did.