View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 10:29 AM   #18
Janet

From the time I was 4 years old and up through high school my family would travel from New Jersey to our rental on Pinnacle Park Road in Meredith for the month of August. Every morning we'd drive to Prescott Pharmacy in downtown Meredith to pick up the daily newspaper and treats for the day. My aunt and uncle owned a cottage just up the hill from our rental on Pinnacle Park so many days we'd swim and spend our day with our cousins. No power boat back then, just a very heavy rowboat. During those times we had the Key Theater, Samaha clothing store, Prescott Pharmacy and the A&P all in downtown Meredith. True's gift shop was on the corner of Rt 25 and Rt 3. The mill across the street was still a mill and not the shops that are there now. We also had Interlakes Dairy Bar where we'd go for their "Sissy Splits" and the deli where the Meredith Bank now sits had the best grinders. Sunday night we'd all go down to the Weirs for caramel popcorn and fireworks. We kids would always get excited waiting for the firework that contained a parachute that all the boats would try to catch. Loving the lakes region as much as we always have, my sister and her husband now rent in the Melvin Village area for the whole family to visit and enjoy. Lake Winni, Meredith, the Weirs and surrounding towns will always hold a special place in our hearts.

Last edited by Janet; 02-20-2020 at 01:21 PM.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote