View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 09:52 AM   #19
AC2717

personally, just like the old Meredith center which is still the Meredith center with the focus of commerce outside the center of town,

Laconia should stick to keeping the town hall there, and other city items, and hopefully the rest of the land would be sold off for residential, preferably not section 8. A downtown Laconia is not needed

I to applaud your efforts and passion, but like things stated above, unless the infastructure changes, economic reasons come into play, and jobs, anything done would be a waste, it is so depressing driving into laconia from all directions, with the run down tenement homes, closed businesses, terrible roads, and trash every where and the shady people. Only way that is somewhat enjoyable is from 106 and you drive by a prison.

I do not see that changing road directions, benches, trees, and the garage, along with the Colonial theatre renovation, although cool, but will be a labor of love and a huge loss of money, and these things have been tried and tried and tried again all over the place and a couple times in Laconia as well.

Are there any business folk out there willing to buy up the land and property and start over??? I personal do not have the capital nor the ROI wait time to do it