View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 01:03 PM   #50
kawishiwi

Default Probably

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
Kawishiwi: the real question is would they vote for Obama again if they could go back in time? I'm pretty sure the answer is a resounding NO.
Whole point of the story is that these guys were not political for politics sake. They are hard core natl security voters but they are, well were, professionals that dealt with that reality. EVERYONE that knows them were surprised. Palin was to them a real enough risk to change their vote. Veterans are not monolithically republicans. I believe the breakdown is around 60/40 for republicans.
The Colonel himself was a republican. Cant really call him "stepfather" as I was 41 when I met him. He would discount Kerry's purple heart while pumping up my nephew's first even when his wound was a more minor one than Kerrys. Despite his leanings he came to see Cheney as a bad actor regarding Iraq. The REALITY is more complicated than the partisan and childish stuff that often rolls out in threads like this.

However, I still gotta say this fascination with Trump for President is astonishingly funny to me. My apologies to anyone who took offense.