Thread: Why is it....
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 03:35 PM   #4
Shreddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt5150 View Post
i'll agree that there's definitely fault on both sides. people do stupid things sometimes.. if you're fishing on a busy spot like you described, it's to be expected. and i would also understand other boaters getting annoyed that you're in the way. if you're gonna fish a spot like that, do it early morning or late evening when there's less traffic. i guess my gripe is with the people who get closer than they need to. why zip by someone at 30 yards when you have hundreds, or in some cases thousands of yards of open water to use. it's just a courtesy thing.
Yup, I couldn't agree more. I'm with you. However, as I used to wakeboard frequently, wakeboarders often try to find the calmest spots on the lake. Some have regular spots to go to that are calmer than others. If it was a territorial thing in this regard, I'm going to be slightly biased towards the ski boat hunting for calm waters. I'm just trying to give another perspective as to why it might happen. This very well may not have been the case.