View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #28
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee
Default Professional Courtsey and Allowing someone to Brake the Law

HCG,

Trying to draw parallelism between a Dr. and professional Courtesy with LEO Profession Courtesy is just wrong. Profession Courtesy is extend to most people on a level that doesn't include, excusing the violation of laws and rules.

When I LEO officer "shows" Professional Courtesy to another LEO, for doing something that the general public would be fined for, or put in jail that is wrong and most definitely outside the bounds of Profession Courtesy. Professional Courtesy is not an excuse for allow another person to knowingly violate a law, any law, no mater how minor. It however has been shown to be the case within LEO organizations... it is also the reason for corruption in Law enforcement agencies. Internal Affairs divisions in large Law enforcement agencies didn't come about for no reason.

I don't have an issue with Police officer in General and have been known to freely talk with them. While most I feel do their jobs with good intentions, there are those that don't. Unfortunately the actions of the bad officers reflect a stronger image the good of the good officers... its just the way it is...