View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 01:40 PM   #15
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hancoveguy View Post
So is this going to be another thread that bashes the police?

My place is 500 feet from Green's Basin and I watched just the other day, a boat fly across the end of our cove into Green's at about 30 mph, completely disregarding the NWZ's. It is wrong and what the Fish and Game Personnel did was wrong and they shouldnt do it unless statutorily justified by some sort of emergency (which there does not seem to be here) Not to be sarcastic, but I can't conceive of an emergency in the fish and game realm that would justify this behavior outside of maybe a mutual aid call from real police or MP.

I would chock this up to individual ignorance and not the typical forum response of "all cops are arrogant, power crazed jerks that do whatever they want."

HCG
Was the boat in your area around 5pm on Friday? I forgot to mention that the two conservation officers buzzed through the NWZ out by Hanson's Cove also. I know this because I was traveling in the same direction as them. I avoided them by going behind an island that I think is called Round Island ( not sure). All they were doing was looking through binoculars. There wasn't any emergency.