View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 04:08 PM   #20
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by persistence View Post
Check out connected car from ATT. Its an OBDII device that plugs into your car. Its called the ZTE Mobley. I then got a USB adapter so i can use it on ac or dc. $20/month unlimited data.

It may fit your needs, or something like that. It's good enough for me to keep me connected when in remote locations, and I need to be connected. I know oxymoron, but it happens.

I also can take it on the boat...rental cars when travelling etc. It's been great for me, the leash has been cut. Also helps out with the kids when driving back and forth to the lake
I just looked at their website, as I thought $20 for unlimited mobile data would be a deal! But their website says $20 for 1GB of data, or $30 for 3GB. Unless the price you are talking is to add it to a plan you already have?

Also, the reviews on their website are saying that the 'unlimited plan', is no longer offered, and if you are offered it on the phone to purchase the device, when you get the device, there is no way to obtain the unlimited plan.

I guess the end story is to consider yourself lucky if you have one of these that still has the unlimited plan. Enjoy it!

But thanks for this, I guess it's simply a mobile hotspot that grabs power from the OBDII connector.