View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 05:02 PM   #13
Crusty

Default All Hail Relentless Restaurant Group

I've been interested in the "William Tell" for 30 years. My wife's family has had camps on Smith Point for over 100 years and when giving directions, they always start with "do you know where the William Tell is? Go there and turn right." When I first joined them, everyone talked about the Tell, but strangely, no one ever went there to eat. Finally, I walked up (ok, I drove; the hill's pretty steep) and had dinner by myself. Wow. I convinced the others a few at a time and everyone thought it was great. Once we bought our own place on the point, the wife and I became regulars, although we had to alternate between dinners and deserts. It was all very, very good and the people running it and working there were top-notch.

Sadly, like all restaurants that I really enjoy, they closed.

The Woodlands Tavern folks put some money into the facility and made a good effort, but it was not enough and they didn't make it.

Now, an "unknown" group of people are about to re-open the restaurant and from what little I have been able to glean about them, it looks like it will be a success.

It seems (and this is somewhat based on rumors and "informed sources") that the new people already own and operate successful restaurants elsewhere so they have experience. Their willingness to delay their opening until everything is "right" shows a commitment to quality and the deep pockets needed to start a new restaurant. They obviously do not intend to be a summers-only operation, which will reduce their need for seasonal employees. Since this problem exists everywhere to some extent, they probably already have some experience in dealing with it.

They have indicated that they will be bringing back some of the old William Tell menu items (wiener schnitzel? tobler chocolate? raspberry creme puffs?) and I am cautiously optimistic that they will still be in business when I next have a chance to eat there.
Crusty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Crusty For This Useful Post: