View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 05:18 PM   #83
EricP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddy View Post
Here is a new thought (I think)...How about simply enacting a Lake Winnipesaukee License. Can't operate on the lake without proper certification. The exam should be relevant to all of the rules that apply to Lake Winnipesaukee. Just a suggestion...disagree and I'll take no hard feelings.
The boating certificate was supposed to take care of this. I took a ride down to Lakeport Landing earlier today to get gas. Passed several boats that appeared to be within 150' of boats near them. I am amazed that they get this close to others at speed. It daned on me that some of these people come from other lakes in other states that have no such rules and they are used to getting this close to other boats at speed and think nothing of it. This doesn't absolve them, but just explains things. Then we wondered how many we saw actually have there certificates. We saw one guy on a SeaDoo towing 2 kids in a towable. No spotters! Talk about a violation and safetly problem! He obviously doesn't have a boating certificate or deos he? That is part of the problem, and he definitely wasn't speeding.