View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 12:03 PM   #64
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Boy View Post
You're 100% right on that one. And the same goes for all the melodrama over poker runs and charity. One poster was commenting on how the Easter Seals will lose out because of the new law (and by implication, sick children) and what a shame it is. In reality, charities are fortunately quite adept at raising money and as the saying goes, when one door shuts, another opens. Within the confines of the new law there will be plenty(perhaps more and better) of opportunities to raise money. I look forward to some of the positive aspects of the new law that we'll see.

Yes charitable organizations are pros at fund raising. They may be able to adapt. However the poker runs have been a proven successful way of raising money. My point is it is a shame that something that was so successful and brought many people to the lake may not be as successful this year due to the topic at hand.

Charitable organizations are taking a tremendous hit regardless due to the economy, I feel this just makes it even harder. Again just my own opinion.