View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 11:45 AM   #62
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
Honestly, you can't be serious. I mean, I love a spirited discussion more than most. Even one that becomes an argument.
But this topic? Although I am neutral on it (very seldom do I travel over 40 MPH, and never go out at night) , I read most of the posts about the speed limits. But they have long since turned into the same regurgitated garbage over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again! All this thread is, is a disguise to start it up again. Anyone can see this.
I mean, the speed limit being bad for business?????? Business is, and going to be, way way off this year. Probably fatal for many places. And the speed limit has little, if anything to do with it.
Honestly I am quite serious... It is not a disguise but a true discussion. whether speculative or not at this point, it is something that is of a concern. I do agree the economy overall will have much more of an impact but you can't rule out the possibility that this will end up impacting certain, not all, but certain industries around the lake. Discussing them is a topic that can and should be discussed if people want to. If you feel it has been discussed over and over again, then feel free 'not' to participate.

Since it has just started and the season has just begun it is difficult to say that it has already been discussed because people now are beginning to make their summer plans and may voice whether or not the limits are a deciding factor in their vacation plans.

If you feel the limits will have little or nothing to do with it that is your valid opinion. I don't see why it is a problem if I or others want to voice theirs. Or come on and explain what they have been hearing from family and friends.

I agree the thread can lead to the same old arguments but that is why Mr. Webmaster stepped in to make sure it stays on topic.

The other topic that has been brought up but not discussed in your previous post was enforcement. This is also going to be an important item to look at over this coming season. I also think discussing peoples views and observations (now that the economy has played a large role in cutting back on MP funding) will be important.

On a side bar I think people supporting would like no discussion to take place so that if there are issues no one hears about them.. But that is my 2 cents