View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 08:19 PM   #12
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts
Default Not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post

Tried to sneak in a little union bashing?

Well, I got a call from the Chiefs of Police Association of New Hampshire. I doubt if the chiefs are in any union.

I spoke with my local chief of police. He stated that his association gets 15% of all telephoned solicited funds. And his claim was that 15% is better then nothing. So the gullible seniors and all others who fall for this are providing 85% of the donation to a for profit private company.
Good deal, eh?

And not to bash seniors. But most younger people have a cell phone. Many seniors still have a land line or internet line with published telephone numbers.
Yes, computer generated robo calls can get a cell phone. But it is mostly land lines with published names in a phone book. The calls I get know my name which is published in a phone book. I have never received any of these calls on my cell phone.
No, I tried to state the facts. I am not sure why you selectively deleted a portion of my post when you choose to use a quote from me.

For the record: I have worked in union jobs but found that they are really legalized extortion: "Meet our demands or we will shut down your business". In many cases they just protect the lame and lazy!

What is wrong with being paid what your employer feels you are worth to their business? I find that much more satisfying. At the end of the day I knew I earned my pay and my employer, who gave me that pay, knew I earned it.
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: