View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 08:14 AM   #16
Merrymeeting

Some of these posts leave the impression that there is a hard, black and white line between being snow machine rider and bike rider, and that the latter category will always be against the former. I don't think so.

My sons are avid sled riders. They are also avid mountain bikers. I can see them enjoying both activities. I do ride with them sometimes, but it's not something I'd go out of my way to do.

I would be interested in riding the trails on a bike. I love being in the woods in the winter. But I like to do so at a slower, quieter pace. I'd also be fine with having to pay for the upkeep and maintenance of the trails. I'd be willing to bet most other bike riders would also be fine with that.

Will there be a few of the typical fanatics who want to ban those not liking just what they like? Of course. And there will obviously need to be some rule adaptations for other wheeled vehicles using the trails. But I'm a believer that the majority will rule and sane decisions will be made over time, and the added revenue to many of the clubs could make a big difference.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote