Thread: Ames Farm
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 08:55 PM   #19
Wolfeboro_Baja

OK, so here's the latest posts from the www.fishlakewinni.com website regarding the situation with Ames Farm Inn:

Late this afternoon, posted by lunkerhunter,
Quote:
"hey guys,,i talked with a good friend and fisherman,,,you may have seen the boat around the lake" slo-n ezzz " we are looking to start a petition to send to the town of gilford's selectman, in reference to the reopening of ames farm boat launch. i am looking for some support with this. we spoke with the folks at ames today. they are hoping for the fisherman, and all those that have used there facility over the years to help them out with this matter . anyone that can help me out with writing up a petition, please give me a shout. also, heres a name and number to call ,,town administrator. SCOTT--603-527-4700.. LETS PUT A BUG IN HIS EAR, UNTIL THEY LISTEN TO REASON.. THE MORE CALLS WE MAKE, THE BETTER THE CHANCES ARE THE RAMP MAY BE RE OPENED TO THE PUBLIC.. AND WE ARE A " HUGE PART OF THE PUBLIC. ITS TIME WE TAKE A STAND AGAINST THOSE TRYING TO TAKE AWAY OUR RIGHTS AS BOATERS AND FISHERMAN., I LOOK FORWARD TO EVERYONES HELP... PLEASE ,,, AND THANKS".
Followed by this post from ilucas,
Quote:
"just called, waiting on a return call. Do you think I will get one?"
Which was quickly followed up by lunkerhunter,
Quote:
"I CALLED TWICE BEFORE I GOT TO SPEAK TO SCOTT..3 OF MY BUDDDIES CALLED TODAY.. THINK HE S SICK OF IT ALREADY, I WAS TOLD THE TOWN WAS SUED BY SEVERAL INDIVIDUALS. WHICH FORCED THEM TO CLOSE AMES, I REPLIED ITS BEEN A PUBLIC RAMP FOR MANY MANY YEARS.. ALL OF A SUDDEN IT S A PROBLEM ?? SOMEBODY IS IN SOMEBODIES BACK POCKET".
And finally, this post earlier this evening from ilucas,
Quote:
"Scott did return my call. He said it was a matter between Ames Farm and some of his nieghbors, that it was in the lawyers hands and there will be a case. He said Ames Farm has the support of alot of the local residence but there was nothing the town could do, it's in the court system now.

Not good."
This does NOT look good. Anyone have any good ideas?
Wolfeboro_Baja is offline   Reply With Quote