Thread: Ames Farm
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 08:29 AM   #3
Wolfeboro_Baja

I don't know the answers to those questions but I did get this piece of information from a coworker.

Quote:
"i went up to winni to check the lake conditions, stopped by A.J.'S for some lures. after talking with A.J, the topic of boat ramp sites came up and he told me he heard ames had been closed, i was in total dis belief. is this even possible ? so i took a ride over to ames. IN BIG BOLD LETTERS HANGS A SIGN " BOAT RAMP CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC"..PER ORDER OF TOWN OF GILFORD. WOW!..i spoke to the folks over at ames, and they said we can help them re open possibly by calling the town of gilford selectman..i know i used that ramp a ton, and know i ve seen hundred others there, please "HELP RE OPEN AMES BOAT RAMPS. how can the town take away rights to waters. if the landowner allows the use of there land , so that we as sportsman may enjoy the waters of the state, something smells rotten here.. any opinions on this.."
The above post came from the www.fishlakewinni.com message board by a poster named lunkerhunter. This is OUTRAGEOUS!! One of the few remaining boat ramps open to the public that actually has AMPLE parking onsite (as opposed to parking half a mile [or more] away) and the town closes it!!

I know Ames Farm had done some things without proper permits but this really is going too far!! Who's behind this?? What's the real reason for shutting down those ramps? What's the justification? Is this just another attempt to keep boaters that don't own property on the lake off of it? Where are we supposed to launch from now?? The state doesn't provide public access to the lake so this was the next best thing and now THAT'S been taken away!!

Anyone that uses Ames Farm for launching their boat (now or in the past) needs to contact the Gilford selectman and complain about this action! Those ramps need to be re-opened so people that trailer a boat to the lake (like myself) have a place to launch!!

Here's a link (http://www.gilfordnh.org/Public_Docu...065?textPage=1) to the minutes of the latest Zoning Board of Adjustment hearing involving Ames Farm Inn that I could find on their website; it's from 9/23/2008. It seems odd to me that there's nothing more recent that explains the closing of the boat launch ramps.
Wolfeboro_Baja is offline   Reply With Quote