View Single Post
Old 07-16-2021, 05:18 PM   #122
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real BigGuy View Post
Here is my problem with “open carry”, “concealed carry”, or any carry at all: Most of the people who carry, not all but a significant portion, have gained their skill on a gun range. (Heck, I was pretty good at the range & at the fair’s air gun booth when I was young). They have no experience/training in high stress situations. They have never been in combat. They think they are going to respond like Clint Eastwood to a shooter situation but are more likely to respond like https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_6...b02df1ad873652.

There was a study released a number of years ago (sorry couldn’t find a reference to it now) that said a trained police officer would hit his target less than 20% of the time from 15 ft in a high stress situation. That scares the crap out of me. I don’t want to be one of the innocent bystanders that always seems to get shot.

I’m all for the 2nd Amendment but there needs to be some restraints.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Heres my problem with most of the posts on this thread, that are backed up by ZERO data.

So far all we have learned is that open carry at market basket or anywhere else has resulted in near zero problems.

We have ~350 million people in America, how many have been injured as a direct result of open carry???

I see no answers.

More people are suffering the drama of this thread than have likely ever suffered from open carry.

So we are back to peoples preferences. Some people dont like eating in restaurants where families eat and have crying babies. Should we ban then because, infants have week immune systems and their crying is likely spreading germs into the air as their body has little ability to kill the germs off,,,

Everyone has something they dont like.

But with regard to implementing bans, hopefully we dot exercise that option too often and mostly where they is an actual problem. And with open carry, clearly we have not been able to identify any problem except a few people feeling uncomfortable. Is that really sufficient reason to demand action. Really,,,
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: