View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 09:27 PM   #42
SailinAway

I'm confused. (1) Why do so many here applaud a member who continually refers to the "so-called pandemic" as if it weren't real, when there have been 10.5 million cases worldwide and more than 500,000 deaths, with the US leading the pack with 130,000 deaths? That (US deaths) is 43 times more than the number of people who died on 9/11. It's twice as many deaths as US soldiers killed in Vietnam---with the difference that US involvement in the Vietnam War lasted 8 years (= 7250 US casualties per year) while US COVID-19 victims have died in only 5 months (= 312,000 per year)! Obviously this pandemic is far more lethal than some wars. Do you not think that denying the existence of a pandemic is a bit dangerous for society and your own survival?

(2) Is there no forum policy that would prevent someone from posting dangerous misinformation claiming that the pandemic isn't real? Isn't that sort of like claiming that cancer isn't real?

As I always say (though I'm usually not believed), I am NOT making a political statement because the virus itself is a matter of science and medicine, not politics. (The response to it is political, but the virus itself is not.) My questions are serious, not trolling. I'm baffled.