View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 08:01 PM   #44
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinewife View Post
Just as an aside, we have no skin in the game for the dock or boats, but my husband went to the store this week to pick up 2 items.

There are 2 registers there, 1 was in use. The woman in front of him had a massive order of items, hundreds of dollars, and he waited patiently as this customer kept apologizing while he reassured her he was in no rush. Meanwhile, the owner was present, straightening T-shirts, walking around, etc-

It was a 15-20 minute order, and he was wondering why the owner didn't offer to open up the other register for his 2 items. I am wondering the same thing- we're residents and I feel like I'd rather drive the other 4 miles to Pine Cone from now on. Am I wrong to think this way~
I'm also close to both stores, and I think you're reasonable. The Pine Cone may be small, but it's a great store and restaurant, and the people are always nice. I've only been to the new Pier 19 a handful of times, but most times there's some sort of quirky irritating thing--similar to your experience--that makes me wish I was someplace else.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote