View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 05:28 PM   #53
Descant

Thanked 1,518 Times in 985 Posts
Default agree and disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
I'm not a pessimist or being negative here, but if anyone thinks or believes this Kayak/Canoe registration fee will actually be used for F & G budget, I think you're dreaming...

This registration may be initially earmarked for F & G purpose, but when the State needs additional funding for a new project, or to offset another State fund bucket, they move the money around at their will, that's just a fact.
If there was a guaranty that the registration money would stay in F&G budget
that would be great, they need the money and that Dept. is always way under-funded.

The new registration may be optional at first, but that's just to allow legislators to get their footing established, to make it permanent ! Tell me that doesn't happen ?...
There may be a little truth in your thoughts, but it does take a new law passed and signed by the governor to move money out of dedicated funds. Different from a departments operating budget where things can be moved around. In order to raid a dedicated fund you have to go through the whole legislative process. So, most dedicated funds get spent down so there won't be enough to raid.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post: