View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 10:24 AM   #236
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

About 3 years ago I started getting calls on my cell asking about my house on VRBO up in the ski area of NH somewhere. I told them they must have the wrong number. They told me they didn't this was the number I posted in my ad. I told them I didn't have an ad or a house to rent. After a few of these calls, I figured out that somebody had erroneously posted my number in their ad. This must have been a very popular place because I got lots of calls. I either called or emailed and they told me to do the opposite so I did but never got any where with VRBO. These calls went on for a couple of years quite often. They then slowed down but I did get one a couple of months ago. The thing that really surprised me was that they insisted that I had a house to rent because this was the number. Some of them told me they booked my place and they needed to know what to bring and what was supplied. I always asked them if they did get in touch with the true owner if they would ask her/him to please change the number on the ad. So the moral of the story is, just hope you never get your phone number posted on somebody's ad. It is a pain in the neck. And if you rent please be very careful with the number. They must have lost a lot of business having the wrong number.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote