View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 03:20 AM   #15
ACME on the Broads

Default 100% Agreement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedawg View Post
My decision came down to the same question...Bennington vs Harris. That was four years ago. Jason Wylie from the then current Channel Marine took me out for a demo. My criteria for a demo was to take me out in the most windy and large wave conditions. He called me on a December day and said are you ready for the demo ride. I said sure! It was blowing 20 knots out of the NW. I put on my ski jacket and out we went. Cold and blowing. I put the 25' tritoon through many challenging tight turns at WOT. I once drove offshore power boats and I wanted to put this boat through the same conditions I was once use too. I was truly impressed! Not once did it lose a grip and spin out. Never did a drop of water come onboard. I was sold. I ordered the 25' tritoon Bennington with at that time the largest 300 Verado. Channel didn't sell Mercury so I had Bennington factory install it. I actually went to the Bennington factory and watched the boat being built. Very impressive factory production. I am so impressed the Bennington and even more impressed with the Verado. I would today order the Verado 400HP if I were to get another.

However, I am also impressed with the Harris and Melvin Village Marina. Matt and the folks at MVM are great folks to work with. As are the WOW group. Ryan and the family clan are top of their game. It would be a difficult decisions for me today. Living closer to MVM is probably the way I would have to consider. I would have to do another sea trail and demo again. Both sell the Mercury Verado. That I know is an easy decision. Good luck you will love whatever you do!!
After researching all the top pontoon manufacturers, we opted for & bought a new Bennington 23 GSR w/Verado 250HP from Ryan/Max/Evan and the folks at WOW last year. Simply put, we had the best year of boating ever.

The boat is solid, tight, well engineered and exceeded our expectations in every way; the Mercury Verado, as quiet a motor as we have ever heard.......you can actually have a conversation at 35mph w/o yelling!

The entire process with WOW has been outstanding, these are good people and they treated us fairly. At the end of the season there were a few minor issues that needed attention, here again, the service manager Bob went over the entire boat and we left looking forward to summer 2019 .....our second season with this fantastic boat can't begin soon enough.

Thank you WOW, we look forward to dealing with you for many years to come!
ACME on the Broads is offline   Reply With Quote