View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 10:34 AM   #37
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Almost every major marina on the lake has built new valet facilities.... and they all have waiting lists! Winni Marine in the channel tore down a boathouse and put in docks instead. I think they added 10-15 new slips to their capacity. (mostly rental boats from what I can tell)

According to a friend I have in the marine transport business, they have been bringing boats back here to Winni from all over the country as the demand for boats both new & used has been unreal.

I can't wait to see what the boat registration numbers are this year!
It is indeed going to be interesting to see the numbers this year. However I am not so sure that they are going to be all that high..... While I think more boats are getting transported here..... I think that you will find the following things off set that:

- Dealers, don't seem to be keeping a huge inventory of new boats like they used to
- Dealers tend to sell there used inventory out very early in the season.
- There are a number of boats leaving the area
- With the internet, it is much easier to find what you are looking for, and people are willing to search the country, instead of taking something that isn't quite what they want, but is local.