Thread: Speed Limit
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005, 09:45 PM   #94
Audiofn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second
BTW: I've been to the Marine Mafia site (Yes, Cal, you're right. I think I'll remove my e-mail option at our User CP now).

There are calls there to "push" our little speed-limit poll here.

They've also supposedly "removed the malicious content" from their Winnipesaukee thread; but who could tell Not me.

They've cleaned up their act some since last summer, but still have too many images...um...disrespectful-to-women...plus too much foul language for me to post the URL here. (They've added a new, exclusive, pay-per-view, um, Disrespectful-To-Women link. Tony S. would be proud).

Needless to say, they're calling up their big guns from Massachusetts -- and elsewhere, too -- to Concord. "Don't Go Acting Like an Idiot", they're counciling.

Now why would a Big-Boater site advise that?
Marine Mafia ROFLOL. You have to be kidding. Let me tell you about the "Marine Mafia" When some one over there is sick we all do what we can to help them out. Letters, Pick me ups, even taking care of their rent. Hmmm actually in the Mafia you do take care of your own so hmmm I guess that fits. Ok lets try this, when a guy ripped me off on some motors that I purchased over there he was ostricised, darn there we go again acting like a mafia. Oh well then people offered to give me, yup that is right GIVE ME very expensive parts to help me recover from being ripped off. Amazing that people in that family will do amazing things to take care of our own. Ya I guess we are like the Mafia

We are a family over there and when something like this will effect one of us we band together as a sapport system. So call in the "big guns from MA".... Why not? People from all over the world boat in Lake Winni so to say that only people from NH can vote in the poll is insane. I pick and choose when I go up to the lake. Some years I only go up once others often.

The Missing content was from myself and Pantera 1. Pantera 1 and I had a disagreement about how to handle this situation. It was not productive for the thread so Pantera 1 and myself pulled our posts. There was nothing about this site that got deleted only the part that said that you guys watch OSO.

Pictures of women? Foul Language? Ok hear is the deal with all that. First off all foul language is blocked from the site. People can use different things like zz instead of ss but there is no way that we can protect against everything. The moderators of the site have always been as hands off as possible and unlike this site there are 25,000+ memebers so it moves MUCH faster then this site does. There are also people from all over the wolds so it is much more of a melting pot then hear just based on its size and location of members. As for the "pay per view area" that was started to protect members that were under age. To make sure that people were of age the board made it Pay Per View with the requirememt of a Credit card so that the people in there were over 18. If poeople over 18 want to see nudity then that is their perogative. It also is not all nudity in there some of it is jokes that we want to keep from younger viewers of the site. As for it being degrading to women, some of the funniest posts are from women.

Now back to the debate at hand.

I would like to know what evidence that you have that shows that by having this speed limit it will help what you are talking about. I would like to know what the EXACT reason is that you think this will help. Is if safty? Is it errosion? How do you enfoce this? Radar guns do not work on boats so it will be up to the MP to learn how to judge speed on the water. Not a easy or cheap thing to do.

There are laws already on the books that cover all of this. You can not go fast near other boats, you can not go fast near shore. You are responsible to for your own wake. If you hit some one at speed you obviously broke the law...... If you go fast near shore you are breaking the law. If you are dragging butt and your wake damages some one's boat tied up to their dock then you are reponsible for it. The fact of the matter is that very few accidents in the area are due to speed.

Jon