View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 06:24 AM   #2
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts
Default Different markup

The markup is a lot less with a jetski than with a car or a boat so you are talking a savings of a few hundred dollars if you negotiate. I would just find a dealer that I am comfortable with, and a machine that I want, and ask them for their best price.

At different times during the year the manufacturers sometimes offer rebates and incentives that may affect the price but the season is so short here you may lose a lot of it hoping for a rebate program.

Also, getting the right dealer is important so that if something goes wrong (Say, the kids run over and ingest the water ski line) it will be important that you have the right support to take care of it. I wouldn't argue over a few dollars on a $10,000 to $14,000 purchase but rather be comfortable that I bought it at the right place.

As for using a credit card: Most places that you do business with are well aware of the points programs offered by the credit card companies and what it costs them every time someone uses a credit card for a major purchase. On a purchase that has a percentage of profit margin in the single digits using a credit card that costs the store a few percent may affect your price.

I have had several Yamaha's and they just keep getting better. HK Powersports has been excellent to deal with for the 20 years I have been doing business with them.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote