View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 09:12 AM   #11
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Over the last 35 years, I have seen the lake front in front of my place change. As more manicured lawns have arrived, coupled with more docks and more boats, effecting the water flow through the area, the muck has slowly gathered, and so have aquatic weeds.

The best medicine I find for this is activity to turn the bottom up. The more we swim and play in the water, the clearer the area gets. For this reason, I am willing to rent children, I will feed them well as payment....

While McMansion, and manicured lawns certainly play a role, the drastic over use of the lake is really to blame... Couple that with mother nature etc. and slowly things go the wrong way.... Along with Fertilizers, Septic leaching, pesticides, how many people blow leaves into the lake? Wash boats in the lake? Go into the lake with sun cream on? I can go on and one here..... Winnipesaukee for years, was an unspoiled gem, but it has gained popularity rite fully so, and now the lake itself is paying the price.