Thread: Irwin Toyota
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 07:29 PM   #21
Rockslider

I have been very happy with Irwin's Service Department on two Fords and a Toyota, but I was rather disappointed with the sales operation when I bought my truck a couple of years ago. I ended up with a good deal -- but only after considerable aggravation. The salesman kept giving me quotes on monthly payments, and broad ranges on interest rates, but kept refusing to give me the basic information I wanted: the actual sales price/principal, term, and interest rate on the loan. It took a couple of days of phone calls and eventually a terse email to the manager to finally get that basic information, which confirmed what I suspected -- they were looking for interest much higher than the prevailing rate. At that point they changed their tune, but I had already obtained a much better rate from a bank. Bottom line is that I was happy with the truck and happy with the service department, and would not rule out buying from them again -- but you have to go in as an educated, alert, and especially assertive consumer, and stick with it -- much moreso than I have found with other car dealers in recent years.
Rockslider is offline   Reply With Quote