View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #15
Waterbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj2nh View Post
Personally, I have to wonder why anyone cares what Sandy Point looks like. This is what I see - a FULL parking lot, weekend after weekend after weekend. They must be doing something right despite the old decor. Maybe they keep it that way on purpose. Everything else in the Lakes Region is changing and not necessarily for the better (see postings on the redone Wolfeboro Inn if you want to read how change is oh so wrong).

For my money, Sandy Point is one of the best seafood places around and I have been all around the lake. I prefer the Town Docks or Johnson's for a combination of food and atmosphere, but we stay in Alton and Sandy Point is the place to go when we don't feel like making the hike to Meredith or New Durham. If we want turkey, we go to Hart's. If we want burgers, we go to Tamarack or Pop's. If we want seafood locally, we go to Sandy Point.

'Nuf said.

nj2nh
I have to totally agree on your post (except Tamarack, lol), actually I absolutely LOVE how Sandy Point looks inside! It's nice to go to a place where "nothing ever changes", including the food and the quality, it's how I remember it from when I was young, and that's not a bad thing! (And I'm not old, and my 13-year-old loves that it doesn't change also, for those wondering..............that's my disclaimer! )

There are too many things changing too fast, it's nice to have a place to go where things remain the same.