View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 06:59 AM   #148
Audiofn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
This doesn't appear to have been a race: both victims died as a result of the Dominator's props. Both boats were correctly positioned in this photo just before the moment of impact.

It is most likely that the boat was stationary and, as Dave R will confirm, even anchoring at night is legal in Maine waters. Maine needs a "Rule 6".

...and...

It's worse than all that: it's 22 speeding convictions. In actuality, what were the total number of citations ?

Excerpt:

That record is typically withheld from the jury for the trial, but is weighed later by the sentencing judge. Another article says he can be expected to be sentenced for "over 1 year" in jail.
http://www.sunjournal.com/story/2846...2_lake_deaths/

Excerpted:

I never could understand "concurrent" jail times—sitting in jail and "getting credit" for two (2) crimes?
Testimony at trial said that Mr. Trotts boat was under way with no stern light on. If you do anchore in Maine (or any other state) you are required to have a anchor light ON at night.

The reason that it is concurent and I am no lawer is that he did not commit two crimes even though he was conviced of two counts of OUI, he commited one crime. He drank, he drove his boat to fast.

Last edited by Audiofn; 10-01-2008 at 12:19 PM.