View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #12
Lucky1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnisquamguy View Post
Not sure when they will start building more stores, but they are looking into Londonderry and Concord for a new warehouse.
Myself I don't really care for them, their meats are not good and either is the produce.
I never cared for Market Basket until the new one in Burlington, MA. I have not tried a lot of their meats as I have been getting the cooked turkey breast which is delicious. Today I got some fresh wild caught salmon so hope to see how that is. I really like the Costco frozen wild Alaskan salmon but was feeling lazy today I guess. Will see how it is when I cook it. If you are judging by the older Market Baskets, I agree.........never cared for them and could not understand the rave reviews but this new one is wonderful. I also went to a great new Market Basket coming back from an eye glass appointment a few weeks ago and that was also wonderful. The prices really are a lot better for the same things? Weird. Also I read that the store brands were often made by the same people who make the name brand foods so I started buying the store brands and most really are the exact same? Wow. Getting older but wiser.
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote