Old 10-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #110
bilproject

Default States can not restrict your right to travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcraft View Post
The form requires a signed statement to the following:

See:
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/.../654/654-7.htm
One of your rights to travel freely about these United States is to call any State your home (domicle or residence) at any time you choose. Restrictions of time spent in the state have mostly been removed from state law. Wording above is so vague that I could spend as little as a day in New Hampsire and still be a legal voter. I intend to call NH my residence and will spend about 5 months there. I own property in another state and will spend some of the remaining time there. I also plan to spend several months in rented property in a warm part of the world. I will register my vehicles along with registering to vote in NH. If all the states had a rule that I had to live in their state for 6 months and a day I would be a man without a residence. Of course I can only have 1 residence at a time.
As to voting where you own property that could get out of hand with many people owning multiple properties in many states. How could the property owner possibly be informed. However, in areas with high out of state ownership such as the lakes region, the residents and elected officials
need to keep in mind that the non residents are helping to maintain their road, pay their teachers etc. When the opportunity to give something to the non resident taxpayer arises they should jump at the opportunity. In Meredith we Island residents finally got a new dock at Cattle landing. While we are grateful, funding for this dock was voted down by the residents many times over the last 20 years. Why? Because they could. A request to set aside some puplic dock space for Island residents was dismissed out of hand as a land owner choice issue by the council. They felt it would be unfair to treat Island property owners (sub. non-resident) different from residents by giving them preference to part of the town owned docks. ARE THEY KIDDING? Is that not what they do for their residents now vs the non resident taxpayer?