View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 02:27 PM   #9
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
The problem with that approach is all the people who can't see the logic in front of their faces. With the road scenario you describe there is often a person (or pair of people) flagging the vehicles at either end, and most likely communicating with each other to manage the queues on both sides.

Let's assume there is an infinite line of boats on either side of the bridge. How many go through at a time? How do you communicate that number effectively? What if all the boats on one side are 30'+ slow-moving vessels and the other side is all 17' ers that can glide through?

Yes, groups of boats through is the most efficient, but alternating sides is the most *practical* in a random setting with no management system in place.
I have been under that bridge many many times. I have yet to encounter an infinite number of boats on even one side of the bridge. Therefore an infinite number of boats on BOTH sides of the bridge seems highly unlikely to me.

Anyway wouldn't an infinite number of boats require more gas that is available at local marinas? Or on planet earth? And where would you find food for an infinite number of operators? And don't get me started on sanitation!
Bear Islander is offline   Reply With Quote