Thread: Drowning
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 05:51 AM   #90
Mee-n-Mac

Question What to do

I wonder what could be done better next time this happens ? We could kvetch about internecine battling between NHMP and F&G and their budgets and ability to recover someone lost but that won't make a difference. There are limits to manpower, $$s and equipment that these agencies can bring to bear on the problem and that's not about to change. Even the extraordinary efforts of Diver1111 didn't find Mr Surette. So I'm left wondering if "we" couldn't find a way to help when the initial search fails. Perhaps something akin to what happens when a child is lost in the woods, the PD organizes a volunteer force of people to form a search line and walk the woods. I'm not sure in this case, or in general, if more boats with whatever gear (?fishfinders?) would help but maybe someone more skilled in these things than I can offer up some suggestions. Even if it's more and/or different gear perhaps "we" can come up with something. I don't know "the answer" but it seems worth tossing a few ideas around and maybe "we'll" come up with something useful.