Thread: Drowning
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 04:32 PM   #71
Waterbaby

Default Dive Winnipesaukee - Info in post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver1111

!!! Does anyone have any ideas about who I can call? UNH? DES? This is important because I only have one more shot at this with the deep-water gear and if there is a reasonable chance Fred has moved I need to know this to adjust the search area. I would really appreciate anyone's help on this one!!!

Folks have offered help to me on this site-until now I've been pretty much on my own-because there just isn't much anyone can do to help me-until now-I am pleased to be able to come to you now for this question-who knows Winni water movement???. Thank you all!
Diver1111 - First, may I say I really admire your selflessness and willingness to find Mr. Surette and return him to his family. I'm sure this will speed up their ability for closure; I cannot imagine the heartbreak they are experiencing, knowing he is lost to them forever but not really being able to accept it without his body.

I would recommend calling Dive Winnipesaukee in Wolfeboro; their telephone number is 569-8080 and website is www.divewinnipesaukee.com. There used to be a poster here on the Winni Website whose handle was Winni Diver; don't know if he was affiliated with them or not and don't recall having seen him in awhile, but DW may be able to give you some pointers and info on currents, etc.

I wish you the best in your endeavor and hope you are successful. Also, please think about attending the Forum Fest in September (date still TBD; see the "sticky" at the top of the General Discussion thread for final details). I am sure there are many posters here who would like to meet you and thank you personally for what you are doing; it may also interest you to meet some of the people you have corresponded with here.
Waterbaby is offline   Reply With Quote