Thread: Drowning
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 09:21 PM   #62
Mee-n-Mac

Lightbulb Just a thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver1111
Hi All,
I will return to Rattlesnake in the near future loaded for bear for another try for Fred Surette with the deep-water SSS technology we used on Sunday. My guy has offered to come back at no charge. Sweet!

Question: I really need to take into account the possibility of currents along East Rattlesnake. In the ocean I expect them-but a standing body of freshwater-not really-although Lake Champlain has some astonishing currents. When I say current here I don't mean casual wind-driven stuff-I mean something that might even be measurable in deeper water, down to a knot or so or better-something that could pull an object along. I don't really know who would know Winni like that and be able to give me a specific answer about this specific area. {snip}
Hopefully one of the divers or fishermen can better answer you than I will. In the event that you can't find an answer perhaps you could do a test with your SSS before getting back to the borrowed gear. Could you drop something just a bit negatively bouyant (weighted ball or cylinder) and then track it with your gear ? This would give you an idea of current (if any) vs depth. Just a thought ...